Thursday, March 10, 2022

Cambridge Blog Post 15

    For this blog post, I will be discussing the research that I did on color grading in preparation for the editing portion of the film. I watched a video on YouTube that I will reference and include below for further use. 
    1. I will need to create a null object above the final film cut to allow for the creation of color grade
    2. I need to track the motion of the camera by picking a spot with sharp edges
    3. I have to make sure that the target is on the null layer and then hit apply
    4. I need to create a new solid with the darkest part of the image as the color to keep consistency
    5. I will need to turn off the new solid so that I can see the original film layer
    6. I have to make sure I use the pen tool to draw out some spotlights created by the actual lights in the shot. 
    7. I need to change the blend mode to subtract and then add a mask feather
    8. I will have to create ellipses and add it to the area around the light (surrounding the ellipse)
    9. Make sure that the solid layer is parented to the null layer
    10. Create a large ellipse in the middle of the shot
    
Some extra notes I have are:
    - keep the attention where it should be
    - shadows and color grading can be strategically added to draw the viewer to a certain area of focus


YouTube. (2015). Create a Cinematic Look with After Effects Tricks! YouTube. Retrieved March 10, 2022, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fmxbAv3XtI&ab_channel=Kriscoart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Official CCR Video Link

Below I have included the link to my CCR. I hope you enjoy: https://youtu.be/s0-RQ-NfltI