Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Cambridge Blog Post 22

     Today I have completed the final color grades and the addition of muzzle flashes to my scene. To complete the color grading, I made sure to watch the tutorial again that posted in a previous blog. I had to make sure that the color grading matched the overall theme of my film, as does everything else. 

        To create the muzzle flashes, I had to search for free, copyright free, assets. I found 5 different styles, all of which I used in my film to give some randomness and variety to my film. I also had to make sure that the brightness and opacity of each of the flashes corresponded to the already provided film grading. 

    Moreover, I also had to make sure that the area around the gun was being illuminated, because if you are firing a gun in a closed space there will be light coming off of the objects in  the way of the gun. Therefore, I decided to boost the white levels and use a mask for a short period of time to get the illumination effect. Here is a frame from one of the shots:

    Although it may look silly or unprofessional in this frame by frame view, it looks amazing when played at full speed.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Official CCR Video Link

Below I have included the link to my CCR. I hope you enjoy: https://youtu.be/s0-RQ-NfltI