Saturday, February 19, 2022

Cambridge Portfolio Blog Post 4

John Wick and the Creation of Implied Action and Mystery Part 2

    In completing my research, I have begun to watch all three of the John Wick movies. Some may say they are bad, but they are my guilty pleasure to watch. I love the constant action and the revenge story of Mr. Wick. While watching the second film, a certain shot caught my eye. 
    The shot was composed within a train. Where two men, John Wick, and a man sent to kill him, were fighting. This shot encompassed the exact idea I was going for. The man was wearing a dark suit, and the lighting was a cool, but dim scheme. I especially LOVED the lens flare on the lights in the train, and I believe my piece will take a lot of inspiration from that. I feel like some lens flare on a flash light in the dark scheme I want to film in will give the film opening a professional feel, rather than an amateurish one.
    In the past days, I have added to my notes. I added information while reviewing some notes for even different classes. I added notes based on previous films created by students in the past. I will include a picture below. When the ideas come to me, Ill add them to my paper even if it is out of no where or in a different class. I also asked my teacher for the names of films that were done by students in the past that contained action. I have also included that slip of paper in the picture below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Official CCR Video Link

Below I have included the link to my CCR. I hope you enjoy: https://youtu.be/s0-RQ-NfltI