Thursday, February 17, 2022

Cambridge Portfolio Blog Post 3

John Wick and the Creation of Implied Action and Mystery

    As I continue the process of planning this film opening, I decided to watch the John Wick break-in scene at the beginning of the first John Wick. I have embedded the video below. I noticed that John Wick incorporates a dark, bland color scheme. I want to do the same because my film opening should not be colorful and bright, because that completely contradicts the genre ideals.
    While watching the film clips I noticed that the character's costume design was primarily a black suit, and in some portions he was wearing bland beige and white clothing. Even the setting utilized contained beiges and browns. I want to incorporate such aspects into my film as well to show that the film is not bright and up beat, but rather intense.
    Moreover, I would like to clarify that the John Wick films show frequent violence and action. However, I will not be showing the actual violence, but implying violence through certain shots and sounds. For example, I want to show a character dragging his leg as if he is injured, and he is being hunted or chased and is finally shot again. I believe that if I shoot this scene in the dark, it will allow for possible minimal mistakes with acting, while concealing the identity of the characters. Thus, anonymity and mystery is created, without the graders having to think deeply about the scene.
    





John Wick. (2016). YouTube. Retrieved February 17, 2022, from https://youtu.be/CdHKXmEn4l8. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Official CCR Video Link

Below I have included the link to my CCR. I hope you enjoy: https://youtu.be/s0-RQ-NfltI