Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Cambridge Portfolio Posting 2

    Since my last posting, I have decided on a genre for my project. I decided to do a film opening for an action film. I would like to have it look and feel like a John Wick film. While taking notes for how to write the blog, an idea popped into my head. Even while writing this blog post, I was writing down new ideas for my project. As seen in my notes, I want my film opening to be dark, with greys and deep darks within the scene. I also want to have dark, ominous music playing in the background. I want the film to have a character versus character conflict. By creating a film opening that needs few different characters, I eliminate the possibility of having a lack of resources. In fact, my film opening can be geared to only have me as the actor, because in some portions I will not be showing faces to keep the identity a mystery for the rest of the film. In fact, I have included the notes that I took down below at the end of my post.

    I want to make sure that my film truly encapsulates my genre choice. Therefore, I will be doing research on action films similar to John Wick, Mission Impossible, and Jason Bourne. To do so, I will be looking at the film openings specifically, but I will also watch the movie as a whole to obtain knowledge of the genre. More specifically, I want to see how the films use color grading, costume design, cuts, shot types, and sound design in order to convey the theme and genre. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Official CCR Video Link

Below I have included the link to my CCR. I hope you enjoy: https://youtu.be/s0-RQ-NfltI