Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Music Marketing Blog Post #2

     I did the bulk of the research portion for out group. We split the research into two different media companies within the music sphere. One company we focused on was Columbia records, and we honed in on two specific artists within said company. We focused on Beyoncé and Adele because they fit into the R&B genre that we were tasked with. We researched and gathered information on marketing techniques, methods used for distribution, and the ways that these artists interacted with their audiences. We repeated the same process for our other media company, the Universal Music Publishing Group. We again focused on two artists within the R&B category, Da Baby and Lil Wayne. Almost all of our research was put towards our presentation and the manner in which we marketed our artist.

    We began planning by creating a document that all of our group members could view. On this document we decided to include the song choice, important dates, and storyboard ideas. The important dates section included the due dates for each individual item, including the research charts, storyboards, filming, editing, and presentation. As we completed these items, we marked "DONE" in bold next to each. 

    Next, we produced the short portion of the music video. We decided to do the vast majority of the filming at school in order to meet the group members' schedules. This worked out very well because we were able to get all of the filming done in a timely manner, and avoided procrastination. Next, I edited the video. I made sure to appeal to the fast paced nature of the song and attempted to appeal to the short attention span of the target audience. To do so, I added cuts and jumps, which I believe added to the ability to meet both of those goals. 

    Post production for out group included the creation of the presentation, and the planning and distribution of such work equally among the group members. While one of the group members worked on the website, one worked on the social media accounts, another worked on the presentation itself and planning the content on each slide, and I worked on the editing of the video. I believe that this strategy helped our group divide work and work efficiently with the time we were provided. 

    Finally, we developed and presented our presentation to the class. To help the group, I placed initial slides with certain points that we had to make sure we addressed. After that, I added comments on each slide so that the whole group would be able to see the though process. As the other group members completed their portions of the project, they began working and helping with the actual creation of the presentation. While they did that, I was still editing the video and would periodically check in with the group and on the presentation progress. We finally finished the presentation and did our final look over and proof reads. We decided to also time ourselves and added the time for the video to ensure that we would be within the time limit.

    Overall, I believe that the project was a success. At first I was doubtful of our ability to produce a well done video and presentation. I was not fond of the song that we were randomly given at first, but I believe that it worked in our favor in the end. I learned that even though I was apprehensive about getting in front of a camera and acting, there would be other people in the same situation and that for the sake of my group I would just have to deal with it for a little bit. After getting into that mindset, I do not believe that I will have a problem in the real component. I believe that most of the aspects of this project will be useful. Especially the research portion. I will be doing research for the creation of my project. I want to make sure that whatever I choose to make is in line with the traditions of the genre, but will be far enough to set me apart. Overall I loved this project and even though it was a lot of work, I believe that it taught me a lot about production of long term projects for the future of this class.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Official CCR Video Link

Below I have included the link to my CCR. I hope you enjoy: https://youtu.be/s0-RQ-NfltI